Product Designer (UI/UX)
Bangalore / Hyderabad, India (Currently Remote)
Joveo is driving next-gen recruitment technology solutions for employers around the world. Harnessing machine learning and industry expertise, our platform delivers the most relevant candidates in the shortest time, giving our customers a competitive edge.
We are passionate people building a value-based culture based on integrity, courage, empathy, and humility.
We are backed by marquee investors like Nexus Ventures Partners and recently we also got featured in the Forbes Best Startup Employers 2020
About the job
Although we’re a tech company, we value design equally well. Our engineering and business teams have been working hard for years to figure out what makes programmatic job ads so effective. The time has come to elevate the pillar of design at joveo. We’re looking to add a full-time designer to the team to contribute to elevating our existing products to the next level, and to help develop the future of our products.
Here are a few recent projects you might have worked on if you were already part of the team:
- Conducting customer interviews, conducting research, analyzing the results to build a new product
- Designing a recruiter centric job Ad management platform to help recruiters in hiring faster and better
- Designing features such as User Management, Data filters, Outliers Dashboards and many more
- Designing IRIS Design System to power a suite of applications we are building
- Defining design values for joveo
- Training product managers on best UX practices to improve the team’s design sense
...and here’s a grab bag of things you might work on soon after you join:
- Owning the design for one of our flagship products
- Redesigning our products through enhancing usability and visual design
- Building customer empathy tools such as personas, customer journey maps etc..
- Coming up with visual identities for various products
- Designing advanced data visualizations
- Improving the UX writing of our product features collaborating with PMs
- Improving and maintaining the design system
- You have 1-3 years of expertise in the domain of UI/UX design and designed Enterprise/ Saas applications.
- You have an excellent understanding of design thinking, usability principles, user interfaces, and visual design skills and are obsessive about quality.
- You are a self-starter and you know how to simplify complex problems into simple and elegant solutions. You look for unusual and innovative ways to solve problems.
- You understand why an experience is good or bad so you can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up and work with engineers to build them.
- We have a passion for making things beautiful and hope that you do too. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You’re a quick learner who brings energized energy to the table when facing new challenges.
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions.
- You’re a strong communicator, and you can get your ideas across clearly and persuasively in writing
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- You have a strong command of UI design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD
How to apply
- To apply, write something specifically for this position that tells us why we’re a great fit for each other, and what you see the future being like if we work together.
- Please showcase 2–3 projects you’ve worked on recently and tell us what you think we should know about them.
- Include your resume/ portfolio
- Give us a link to whatever you put together in the “Your application” field when applying.