Data Scientist, Hyderabad, IndiaHyperabad, India
We are Joveo.
Joveo is an exciting programmatic media start-up with grand ambitions “a job for everyone”.
Harnessing machine learning and big data, our platform connects our clients with the right
candidates for the right roles, faster and more efficiently than ever before. Through brilliant
people and innovative technology, we are driving next generation recruitment technology
In just over a year, we’ve built a platform that deals with millions of jobs and processes tens of
millions of events per day. And we’re growing at an exponential rate. We believe in faster
iterations, deploying code into production daily, heavy focus on customer delight, flat
hierarchy, and fun environment.
What you’ll do:
You will be a key member of the Analytics team and work will directly influence the exciting new
product areas that Joveo is building. In every decision that you influence, you will see the product
improve and be more valuable.
As such you will:
- Conduct analysis to learn from Terabytes of data.
- Apply advanced statistical techniques to model user behavior, identify causal impact and
attribution, build and benchmark key metrics.
- Write Map-Reduce jobs in Scalding/Spark, complex SQL queries, R and Python scripts.
- Use data visualization tools such as Tableau or Zeppelin.
- Communicate findings to executives and cross-functional product teams.
Who you are:
- You’re a very experienced person who owns important project areas from start to finish.
- You influence entire organizations with the work you do. That work includes defining an
important roadmap of data science work and executing it (perhaps in collaborations with
- You are highly technical and hands on but you wear a product manager hat easily to make
your projects successful.
- You are a great communicator, capable of building meaningful presentations and analyses
that tell a “story” passionate about insights, not just data.
- Able to synthesize methodology and data into actionable business and/or product strategy,
and communicate findings to relevant business partners: product, engineering, and
- 4+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- Fluent in one or more object oriented languages like Java, Scala, C#, C++.
- You are experienced with statistical programming environments like R, Matlab, Python.
- Familiarity with Tensorflow, torch, theano is a plus.
- Familiarity with Ontologies, SPARQL, Triple stores is a plus.
- Capable of collaborating and working closely with cross-functional business, engineering
and research partners to identify gaps and structure problems.
- Experience with handling large datasets and map-reduce architectures like Hadoop, and
open source data mining tools.
At Joveo, we are passionate about creating a stimulating and supportive work environment for
you. We strive to keep you healthy, happy and productive. We offer market competitive salary,
Stock options and many more. We offer flexible work hours and work from home options.
Everyday free lunch and snacks and we do have team outings, parties and unlimited fun. We
are an exciting and dynamic startup company with unique generous benefits!