Big Data Architect
Bangalore / Hyderabad, India (Currently Remote)
Joveo, the global leader in programmatic job advertising, is changing the way recruitment media buying is done. The Joveo platform enables businesses to buy, manage, and track recruitment media, including job sites, social and search marketplaces, and the whole World Wide Web, to attract and hire the most relevant applicants on time, within their budget.
The company was founded in 2017 by a group of visionary entrepreneurs and passionate problem solvers who foresaw the need for greater performance, transparency, and predictability in recruitment marketing.
Powering more than 20 million jobs every day, Joveo’s data-driven platform uses advanced data science and machine learning to dynamically manage and optimize talent sourcing across all online channels, while providing real-time insights at every step of the job seeker journey, from click to hire.
About the job
This role involves a combination of hands-on contribution, engaging with product managers and technical team management. As a Big Data Architect you will:
- Design, Architect, Deploy and maintain solutions on the Big Data platform
- Manage the full life-cycle of a Hadoop solution from requirement gathering and analysis to platform selection, design of the architecture and deployment
- Be responsible for scaling of Cloud based infrastructure
- Collaborate with a team of business domain experts, data scientists and application developers to develop BD solutions
- Explore and learn new technologies for creative business problem solving and mentor a team of Data Engineers
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
- Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Strong programming experience either in Java or Python and/or R.
- Hands-on experience on any major big data solutions like Spark, Kafka, Akka, Hive, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Impala, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper and/or Sqoop.
- Experience with large cloud-computing infrastructure solutions like AWS/ Azure etc
- Experience designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- 1+ years of mentoring and leading small teams of junior engineers
Additionally, we’d love to have someone who has:
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Familiarity with building secure software and security algorithms
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience in machine learning and natural language processing
We’re an exciting and dynamic startup company with a competitive salary, stock options, and comprehensive benefit package.
We’ve also got a passionate and supportive work environment and strive to keep our employees healthy, happy and productive.